Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The Void

The emptiness I'm left with has become completely familiar. I started getting used to the void and the vacuum that's filling my life. Same day everyday, nothing worth mentioning. Nothing new to complain about, yet nothing exciting to brag about. The distance is killing me, stabbed me in the back. My soul is calling for help and my body is numb. Locked up in my own ribcage, I can't escape my hallow heart. The distance, oh the distance. The distance that kept me away from you, you and you too. The same distance that kept me away from my own self. I'm drifting apart from everybody and nobody, I'm drifting apart from me. Not knowing if I know myself anymore, I question the reason for my existence. I'm tired of the games, tired of this non-ending journey of self discovery. It's tiring and it's mentally exhausting, the whole process is overwhelming and too much to handle. I keep on wondering where can I find myself; whether the one I lost or the one I'll still get to know. Will I find it in a place, a new book, a different experience or maybe with someone I still don't even know? But most importantly, if I never find that lost one, will I find someone I can accept? Someone I can look up to in the mirror and be proud to call me? Will I run away in fear and terror or will I be able to accept the change? It was hard for me to live with everything and everyone changing in my life, I wonder how I'll deal when it's my turn. Assuming it hasn't come, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment