Shivers, goosebumps, things I usually experience whenever I go on a journey
back into the past. Looking at old pictures, seeing how innocent I was,
wearing dorky clothes. I looked dumb but I also looked like I never cared.
Looking at my pictures with my childhood friends, how happy we were, how
we used to love each other for no apparent reason. Remembering our silly
mistakes and how big our problems seemed when they were actually sillier
than we were. Those days when the only 'plastic' that existed in our
dictionaries was toys and Barbie dolls. Remembering my bedtime lullaby,
my first word, my first toy and my first day at school. It all seemed
like yesterday.The feeling of pleasure accompanied by goosebumps that I
get whenever I listen to old songs, nothing could compare to that.
When I take a look at my drawings, the older and worse they are, the
more meaningful they are to me. Paintings of my footprints and my bedtime
stories. My ballet stuff from pointe shoes and leotards to the pictures
and videos. The TV shows that I used to watch, the cartoons, my Kinder
Surprise toys'collection. My gameboy, the evolution from a walkman to an
mp3. My colouring book and the technique my mommy taught me so I'd keep the
colours within the outlines. The flashbacks couldn't be described, but
felt. Day by day I grew older, year after year a new candle was added
to my birthday cake. Pink fondant was my favourite I recall, and remained
my favourite actually. Those days, those memories, they're priceless.
I'd give away my life to relive them again.
back into the past. Looking at old pictures, seeing how innocent I was,
wearing dorky clothes. I looked dumb but I also looked like I never cared.
Looking at my pictures with my childhood friends, how happy we were, how
we used to love each other for no apparent reason. Remembering our silly
mistakes and how big our problems seemed when they were actually sillier
than we were. Those days when the only 'plastic' that existed in our
dictionaries was toys and Barbie dolls. Remembering my bedtime lullaby,
my first word, my first toy and my first day at school. It all seemed
like yesterday.The feeling of pleasure accompanied by goosebumps that I
get whenever I listen to old songs, nothing could compare to that.
When I take a look at my drawings, the older and worse they are, the
more meaningful they are to me. Paintings of my footprints and my bedtime
stories. My ballet stuff from pointe shoes and leotards to the pictures
and videos. The TV shows that I used to watch, the cartoons, my Kinder
Surprise toys'collection. My gameboy, the evolution from a walkman to an
mp3. My colouring book and the technique my mommy taught me so I'd keep the
colours within the outlines. The flashbacks couldn't be described, but
felt. Day by day I grew older, year after year a new candle was added
to my birthday cake. Pink fondant was my favourite I recall, and remained
my favourite actually. Those days, those memories, they're priceless.
I'd give away my life to relive them again.
No comments:
Post a Comment