Sunday, October 20, 2013

I'm sorry.

I'm sorry. I'm sorry for failing at coping with the new you.  I'm sorry I forgave you for what I never forgave anyone for. I'm sorry I never replaced you like you did. I'm sorry you didn't like my other friends while I was forced to like yours. I'm sorry I never used our friendship like others did, I'm sorry I never bragged about it either.  I'm sorry I never pretended to have the same opinions as yours just to please you. I'm sorry we always disagreed about your mistakes.  I'm sorry I was trying to protect you. I'm sorry I was trying to protect you from yourself. I'm sorry I wasn't the one who broke our promises.  I'm sorry I wasn't the one who sabotaged our friendship. I'm sorry you despised my protective attitude and I'm sorry I kept trying to the very last second. I'm terribly sorry for trying to be a good friend.  But most importantly, I'm really, truly and terribly feeling sorry for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment